Coconut oil is known for its benefits in making hair appear thicker and more luscious. Traditionally, it is lightly heated and applied on scalp and hair before shampooing. However, if you mix this oil with other oils, a variety of benefits can be achieved. Some of them are explored here:
How to use coconut oil for hair growth
Use it as your regular cooking oil in order to improve overall health, and try all the methods below until you find the one that works best for you.
1. Coconut oil
• Warm a jar of coconut oil in warm water.
• Wash hair with warm water and use fingertips to apply coconut oil on damp scalp.
• Massage in circles for 3 minutes to boost the circulation.
• Comb oil through hair, cover with shower cap, and leave on for 1 hour or overnight.
• Rinse with warm water, wash with natural, sulfate free shampoo, and towel dry.
• Conditioner is not necessary as coconut oil serves the same functions.
• Repeat the same 3 times a week.
• Note: You can apply oil without wetting the hair.
2. Coconut oil with shampoo
This process stimulates the hair, scalp and follicles without clogging and causing hair loss.
• Mix equal quantities of coconut oil and your regular shampoo.
• Apply on the hair and leave for a few minutes.
• Wash your hair normally.
• Note: Apply some coconut oil after shampooing to moisturize your hair.
3. Coconut oil with conditioner
• Mix 4 tablespoons of conditioner and 3 tablespoons of cold pressed virgin coconut oil.
• Apply mixture to damp scalp, massaging in circles for 3 minutes.
• Cover with shower cap, and leave on for 2-3 hours.
• Rinse with water, wash with natural shampoo, and towel dry.
• Repeat the same process at least 3 times a week.
4. Coconut oil with lemon juice
• Mix coconut oil and lemon juice in 2:1 ratio.
• Apply to the scalp and massage mixture for 3 minutes.
• After combing mixture through hair, leave on overnight.
• Rinse with cool water, wash with natural shampoo, and towel dry.
• Repeat nightly.
• Note: Lemon juice detoxifies the scalp and hair to prevent dandruff.
5. Coconut oil with almond oil
• Add a few drops of almond oil to enough of coconut oil.
• Massage on your scalp for 5 minutes.
• Gently comb mixture through hair, cover with shower cap, and leave on for 1 hour.
• Rinse with water and wash with natural shampoo.
• Repeat 2 times a week.
There are some other ways to use coconut oil. But if you follow the afore-mentioned solutions, then you will definitely get healthy hair.