Concord is Bangladesh’s leading Real Estate & Construction Conglomerate with over 1000 well known projects to their name. Concord was set up immediately after the independence of Bangladesh as a small proprietorship company in 1972.
It started its humble journey towards re-building Bangladesh with the construction of 7 war damaged bridges on the Dhaka-Chittagong highway. From the very beginning Concord had one motto “No compromise with quality”.
“Naval Officers’ Mess” of the Headquarter Complex of Bangladesh Navy was perhaps the first such quality work amongst Government projects of that time, which were followed by other pride projects like: “Renovation of Bangabhaban (Presidential Complex). International Conference Centre at Prime Minister’s Secretariat at Dhaka (a ‘design-build’ construction project) and numerous other Government installations.
Some of Concord’s Pioneering Roles:
Concord has achieved many firsts-
- Concord was the first developer to use environmentally friendly construction materials in Bangladesh.
- Concrete blocks (instead kiln burnt clay bricks) since 1998
- Own Aqua Pac sewerage treatment plant at take City (1977-1980)
- Involving and applying a methodology for undertaking high-rise construction in Bangladesh (12 storied Married Officers’ Quartets of Bangladesh Navy (1977-1980)
- Concord first introduced the use of integral water proofer in Bangladesh to make tight concrete construction.
- Concord was the first company in Bangladesh to introduce advanced steel tubular formwork system in place of bamboo props and unsafe conventional scaffolding.
- Concord was the first company in Bangladesh that replaced hard hoard ceiling by modern T-bar, other gypsum boards, non-T-bar ceiling and most modern decorative ceilings.
- Concord was the first company in Bangladesh that replaced doors & windows made with iron flat bar by lighter, non-corrosive, paint-tree Aluminum doors & windows (1980-1981)
- Concord was the first company in Bangladesh that introduced almost maintenance-free texture coating paint/system replacing exterior snowcem or plastic paint.
- Concord constructed the first high rise building in Bangladesh with basements (BSB Bhaban)
- Concord is the first company that introduced and implemented Top Down construction technology in a project (World Trade Centre) in Chittagong for the foundation of high rise buildings where the soil strata is soft or poor.
- Concord has set up 7 worldclass there parks in Bangladesh in- the last 15 years.
- Concord has set up the first satellite township in Bangladesh (with 4000 apartments) with all support facilities.
- Concord has setup the country’s first landscaped, gated luxury villa complex in Ahulia.
- Concord is the only Bangladeshi company that has completed a 720 feet tall structure I abroad (The Telecom Building in Singapore) in association with Mitsui Construction Company.
- Concord is the first company to introduce ready-mix concrete commercially in Bangladesh in 1990.
- Concord constructed the country’s first revolving tower restaurant (Height 71 meters) in Chittagong.
- Concord introduced RCBM (Reinforced Concrete Block Masonry) technology in Bangladesh construct up to 18-storicd buildings with load bearing blocks which cansustain the maximum earthquake thrust.
Concord Real Estate, & Building Products:
In the early eighties undertook high-rise building construction for the first time in Bangladesh.
These included 20-storied Shilpa Bank Bhahan, 22-storied JibonBima Tower Building, Janata Bank’s 24-storied Head Office Building in Motijheel (the first ever high rise with 3 basement floors).
There were the only real high-rise buildings of the city at that time and were built almost simultaneously in succession.
Besides the above high-rises, Concord also constructed the Low-rise blocks of the Sonargaon Hotel in association with Shimizu Construction Co. Ltd Japan, the Head Office building of Bangladesh Steel & engineering Corporation at Karwan Bazar, the Head Office Building of Titas Gas T&D Co. ltd at Karwan Bazar, the Channel Transmission Building for Bangladesh Television at Rampura, the Auditorium of Bangladesh Television at Rampura, the Television Relay Station at Mymensingh, the Television Relay Station at Natore, the Administrative Building of Bangladesh T&T Board (BTTB Bhaban), the complex of Bangladesh college of Agriculture & Science at Joydevpur, the VVIP terminal Building of Hazrat Sahjalal International Airport, the 200 Bed hospital at Narayangonj, Petro Centre the Head Office of Bangladesh Oil, Gas & Mineral Corporation (BOGMC), the Pharmaceutical Plant of CIBA-GEIGY at Tongi etc.
The legacy continued in the nineties with the construction of British High Commission Offices at Baridhara, the Renovation works of Sugandha (the State Guest House at Hare Road), the construction of International Conference Centre at Prime Minister’s Secretariat the VVIP Rest House at Teesta Barrage, the Vice President Residence at Hare Road (also known as VVIP House).
The Grameen Bank Bhaban at Mirpur, The BRAC Centre at Mohakhali, the Construction works at KAPCO Project at Rangunia, Karnaphuli, Chittagong, the National Indoor Stadium at Mirpur, the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) Bhaban at Agargaon, the CentraI Hospital at Dhanmondi, the Central Briefing Room for air force at Tejgaon, the Married Officer’s Quarter for Air Force, the Bangladesh Shilpa Rin Sangstha Building at karwan Bazar, the women’s medical college & hospital at Uttara, the Construction of CARDIAC UNIT (DAB) of Ibrahim Memorial Hospital (BIRDEM) at Shahbag, the Nitol Centre At Mohakhali, the red crescent Concord Tower at Mohakhali, the Parishankhan Bhaban at Agargaon, the Underpass at Karwn Bazar, the Underpass Shopping and Underpass Mobile Market at Gulistan are the milestones that only concord should take pride in announcing.
The very First Satelite City- Lake City Concord:
Concord is the only developer in the country to have set up a full-fledged pollution free satellite city “lake City Concord" at an affordable price for middle to lower income group in Bangladesh with full support facilities (like own shopping, center, school, mosque, playground, gym & swimming pool etc.).
Lake City Concord has its own sewage treatment plant (Aqua Bioa Compact) which was installed to ensure and preserve a pollution free environment.
Our Ready Mix & Concrete Products plants were the pioneer step for the real estate sector in becoming a more environmentally friendly industry. By introducing the Ready Mix Concrete Plants we offered an efficient construction solution to the Real Estate industry, saving time operational cost and less carbon emission.
Our pioneering building blocks were the solution to prevent the hazardous health impact and carbon emission resulting from the operations of the traditional brick field.
Brick fields affect us in terms of losing cultivable soil in the whole operational area of the brick field, the burning of trees to supply energy to the brick fields and helped to reduce the carbon emission resulting as theoutcome of the traditional brick fields. Since inception, Concord hasn’t used a single brick in any of our projects.
Concord Entertainment Co. Ltd: Concord has created a new destination in the entertainment & the hospitality industry in Bangladesh.
It introduced the first ever theme park concept in the country through our entertainment projects in Ashulia &Foy’s Lake Chittagong.
Millions of Visitors visit both our park complexes, each year. Fantasy Kingdom is Bangladesh’s first world-class theme park.
The Fantasy Kingdom Complex now consists of Fantasy Kingdom, Water Kingdom, Heritage Park, Xtreme Racing (Go Kart) & the Resort Atlantis (Resort Hotel). Fantasy Kingdom was designed as “Tourist Spot” by the Government of Bangladesh in 2002.
The Foy’s lake Entertainment Complex has set up over 350 acres of beautiful lakes and hills in the heart of Chittagong.
It consists of Foy’s Lake Amusement World, Sea World, Foy’s Lake Resort (Resort Hotel) and Foy’s Lake Bungalows (independent remote bungalows within the lake).