A man died from electrocution while his wife was injured at Jamalpur village in Sadar upazila on Thursday.
The deceased was identified as Mahfuz Rahman, son of Majibar Rahman, a resident of the village.
Officer-in-charge of Sadar Police Station Farid Hossain said Mahfuz sustained injuries as he came in contact with a live electric wire while he was working at his poultry farm beside his house in the afternoon.
His wife Masuda Begum was also injured as she tried to rescue Mahfuz.
The couple was rushed to Joypurhat Adhunik Hospital where doctors declared Mahfuz dead.