This is naturally flavored and naturally colored raspberry souffle recipe! It is the perfect dessert to wow your guests.
• Melted butter for brushing
• Frozen raspberries - 300 gram
• Lemon juice - 2 tablespoons
• Sugar - ¼ cup
• Corn flour - 1 tablespoon• Water - 3 teaspoons
• Egg white - 5 pieces
• Sugar superfine - 1/3 cup extra
• Icing sugar for dusting
• Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Brush 4x1 cup-capacity (250ml) ramekins with butter, dust with sugar and place on a baking tray.
• Place the raspberries in a saucepan over low heat and cook for 3–4 minutes. Blend raspberries until smooth.
• Pass the purée through a sieve and return to the pan over low heat. Add the lemon juice and sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved.
• Increase heat to medium and bring to the boil. Whisk to combine the corn flour and water, add to the raspberry purée and whisk for 1 minute.
Refrigerate until cold.
• Place the egg whites in an electric mixer and beat until soft peaks form. Add the extra caster sugar in a thin stream and beat until glossy.
• Fold through the raspberry purée and spoon into ramekins. Bake for 12–15 minutes. Dust with icing sugar.