During winter nothing can be more satisfying than a cup of soup. Something hot can really spice up our evening in a tasty way.So, prepare this chicken soup at home for the kids so that they don’t get the chance to complain.
• 1 (3 pound) whole chicken
• 4 carrots, halved
• 4 stalks celery, halved
• 1 large onion, halved
• water to cover
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules (optional)
• Put the chicken, carrots, celery and onion in a large soup pot and cover with cold water.
• Heat and simmer, uncovered, until the chicken meat falls off of the bones (skim off foam every so often).
• Take everything out of the pot. Strain the broth. Pick the meat off of the bones and chop the carrots, celery and onion.
• Season the broth with salt, pepper and chicken bouillon to taste, if desired. Return the chicken, carrots, celery and onion to the pot, stir together, and serve.